Wednesday 19 October 2011

Elliott Doolittle

These great photographs are by ejdoolittle on flickr.

Elliott used olive oil, gin, paprika, bija and bleach to damage the negatives of these photos.


He says of his photographs:

I think the first time I realized that film could be manipulated like this was when I saw an image that was the result of film being soaked in gin. The first thing I tried was to let some processed negatives sit in the bottom of the bathtub covered with red wine and comet cleanser. This didn’t really produce any result that I liked. The most drastic effects come from using bleach. Other things that I’ve thrown into the mix are strongly coloured spices like turmeric and paprika, as well as various liquors, juices, and soft drinks.


You can read the rest of this interview with Elliott on thecolourtwelve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...